09 June, 2017

Tragic Deaths in My Kitchen


Yesterday in the car, Kjel said:

"Mom, you're the little, skinny blue bird and I'm the mom bird. Little Skinny Blue Bird, I am your mom. Your dad is dead. But your new dad is in the backseat (sometimes they call him Will but he is a also a blue bird)."

"That's so sad!"

"It's very sad, but your new dad is really nice but he's dead too."

Then today:

(Kjel was being a princess and I was folding laundry): "Princess Kjel, your dress is clean! I washed it!"

"Oh, thank you, but that dress is my sister's. She died a few minutes ago. Her name was Kjel the Thirst (first) and I am Kjel the Third. My mom and dad are the queen and king but my mom died just now."

"So it's just you and your dad?"

"Yes. It's very sad because he actually told me to kill my sister. She cutted all the skin off my neck and runned me over with her bike, so they said, KILL HER!"

Lots of death lately. Murder too. Don't worry, Gage went through this stage too. I remember him vividly recounting to me that fire that killed his Other Family, and how the Dark Hono (the super villain he created) was actually his brother who didn't die in the fire.

Oh man. Some days I really wish I had a big sister so I could ask her if all kids have the same fascination with tragic deaths.

2 comments:

  1. This made me laugh so hard!! Hahaha KJ cracks me up! Can't wait to see you guys in 2 WEEKS!!! Ps- this is Az :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caity had the most disturbing stories too! She would just go on and on in her high innocent toddler voice about cutting out her prince's eyes while he bled to death...so glad it ended. ..but also glad I wrote some of them down. Haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...