19 April, 2017

Easter Weekend











Easter weekend started for us on Friday. No school, and Steven closed down the office. Loved having him home! We went on a long hike, ate pizza, and went to the Boy Scout spaghetti dinner. We came home early and got the monkeys to bed. It was such a great, exhausting day.

Saturday was also really great. We had some good friends over for dinner and an Easter egg hunt in the afternoon. In the morning, our good friend Paige got baptized and we loved being there to support her.

And before we knew it, it was Sunday! Beautiful weather! We painted our Easter eggs this year. I loved it. So much more fun than dying them! It was extra fun on Sunday because Steven didn't have any morning meetings, so we rode bikes to church! Which was my special Easter present from the family, because they know it is my dream to bike to church, ha. But really. It is a dream of mine. And it happened! And it was lovely!!! The breeze was perfect, and the ride was so good. Gage was on the baby seat on the back of my bike (pretty hilarious looking to have this enormous child in that baby seat) and then we stuffed the other three in the carrier behind Steven's bike. We got to church in record time!

I am the choir director for our ward and I LOVE IT. The choir sang SO beautifully. I felt so honored to be up there with them! The speakers were wonderful, and there was just a sweet, happy feeling.

We came home and played outside, rested a bit, and ate yummy copy-cat cafe rio for dinner. I'm SO happy that I didn't plan a big, fancy dinner this year. I was exhausted by like 3 and it would have been super annoying to have to cook a ton. Sometime I'll post my cafe rio recipes on here - they are delicious.

We kept it really simple this year with gifts - the Easter bunny brought Kjel the Easter hat she really wanted, and Gage got a sweater to wear to church (but it was too big), but beyond that, they just got a chocolate bunny each and a few little candies, a small journal and some markers. And they were just as excited as they would be if they'd had a basket full of expensive things! Kids are so wonderful that way.

Hope you had a sweet and springy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...