18 January, 2017

Yer a Wizard!

Over Christmas break, Gage started reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.


He has five chapters left! He reads every spare minute in the day, and gets to read up in his bed for fifteen minutes each night before lights out. He cherishes every single second of those fifteen minutes and I hate to snap him out of his reverie when it's time to put the book on his desk and close his eyes for sleep.


The other night we had Eight is Great at the church (when kids turn eight in our church they are eligible to choose to get baptized, as well as join the scouting program or a fun program called Activity Days for girls). Anyway, we only live a half-mile from our church building, so Gage and Kjel and I bundled up and walked while Steven drove the babies in the van.

We talked about Harry Potter the whole time. "What would you name your owl if you had one?" "Mom, if a letter came that Hogwart's was real and they wanted me to become a wizard, would you let me go?" "When Grandma comes to visit can she make me a black cloak and a red quidditch cloak?"


Last Sunday we asked Gage if he's had any more questions come about from our Big Talk we had with him a couple of months ago. "Nope. I just want to know about when you were eleven and Harry Potter came out."

Ha.

We talked and talked about how my school had a competition for the best essay about what kind of candy we would invent if we lived in the wizarding world (Samantha won, I cried about it), and about how I cried again one night when I was a sophomore in high school, when I finished one of the books and realized that Hogwart's really truly wasn't real. Oh man. I'll have to remind Gage about that when he's a sophomore.

I love having a book worm boy around!
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...