14 May, 2015

Dandelion Wishes


It's that sweet, sweet time of the year when I start collecting dandelion bouquets. My kids can't get enough and neither can I.

Yesterday was a cool day, compared especially to the heat wave we just experienced. When Gage got home from school, we put on sweaters and went for a walk around the neighborhood. The younger two rode in the stroller and Gage walked beside me. He stooped down every few feet to get some fuzzy dandelions and blow wishes.

His wishes were:

To be a superhero when he grows up
To be nice all day
For his family to know how much he loves them
For Kjel to live in a castle when she grows up, and for Gage to be the prince in the castle

I started thinking about my wishes, and what comes to mind is a very simple one from my favorite hymn:

Bind my wandering heart to Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...