05 December, 2014

And So This is Christmas

We started Christmas early this year by putting up the tree a few days before Thanksgiving. It's a beautiful, fat Frasier Fir that smells like sweet sap.

We saw Santa that same weekend and while I personally thought he was not the real Santa (Steven and I met the real one and though this guy bore a strong resemblance he just wasn't the real one), the kids loved sitting on his lap, avoiding eye contact, and politely asking for power ranger Legos and a Princess Sofia doll, respectively. Will didn't ask for anything this year.

The house is now totally decorated and I'll post some photos soon but I wanted to share a sweet christmas love story about the first picture I'm posting. I had an extra garland and was feeling at odds with myself on where to put it. Steven saw that I was almost stressing over it and offered to find it a place. Ten minutes later I went into our room and he had shaped it into a heart, secured above our bed. I love his tender, romantic side! 




1 comment:

  1. I wish I would have been there for that Santa photo! Will seems pretty "chill"!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...