28 July, 2014

A Happy Mormon Woman

I love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I love being a woman. I love being a Mormon woman. I just do. Nope, not brainwashed. Not ignorant. Not unaware. I am very aware of who I am and where I am and what I am. And I love it. Right now there are some women in the church who are feeling dissatisfied with the structure of the church and the responsibilities they've been given. I want my kids to know where I stand in all this. Kiddos, here you go.

I love being a mother. It is the greatest privilege I have ever been given. I love being a wife. It brings me so much satisfaction and daily joy.

Heavenly Father has confirmed to me that what the prophets have said, that women and men are equal (though we do have different responsibilities), is true. It has always been true. Elder Ballard says it best:


“Men and women, though spiritually equal, are entrusted with different but equally significant roles. … Men are given stewardship over the sacred ordinances of the priesthood. To women, God gives stewardship over bestowing and nurturing mortal life, including providing physical bodies for God’s spirit children and guiding those children toward a knowledge of gospel truths. These stewardships, equally sacred and important, do not involve any false ideas about domination or subordination.”
For me, it all comes down to this. I sustain the leaders of the church. I follow their counsel. I trust them and I love them. They have been more than clear about the roles of men and women at this time on the earth. I have never felt that they've been unclear about it. 


Kids, here's what you need to know: I know that the doctrine of this gospel is true. I believe in it with all my heart. I have felt it too strongly, too often to deny it. I love it. I love the teachings, I love the leaders, I love the direction that they give us. I love the temple. I know that Dad and I are equal. I see him as my partner and better half, and I know that he sees me as his. Our love and marriage is something that I hold so sacred that I can't even really type about it without feeling warmth through my whole body. We respect each other, we esteem each other. I rely on him and he relies on me. We are true to each other, we are honest with each other. 


The world is not a perfect place, the church is filled with imperfect people. Mistakes will be made, offense will be given, improper beliefs and practices will take root at times. But the truth is unshakeable and if you take a moment to pray and listen you will be told the truth. Heavenly Father never withholds the truth from us, ever. 


I'm happy. I'm Mormon. I'm a woman. And that's that. 






5 comments:

  1. I feel the same. Glad you posted this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to be like a blog stalker- comment on everything person--BUT, I really loved this. This has been on my mind a lot lately and you put it so well. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...