12 May, 2014

Three Months

Today Will turned three months old.

I saw a photo of a newborn while getting some work done while he was napping, and it made my heart sink a little. He's not a newborn anymore, he's a baby. And I know all too well that babies don't stay babies… they become toddlers. And did you know that toddlers become kids? It's just too much.

Sometimes I look at the calendar and the slashes through each day and I want to use white-out to bring the days back.

At three months old, Willobee is a constant reminder to each of us to be better.

"Don't yell, KJ!" Gage will say, "Will is out here. We don't want him to be scared."

When Kjel is sad, "I hugged you, baby?" Which means that she wants to sit on the couch and hold Will across her lap.

When the two older kids get into a little squabble, all I have to say is, "Will is sleeping, let's be quiet and work it out," they will stop whatever it is they're doing in the name of keeping Will asleep.

Moments after Will was born, Steven said that he would be the lumberjack of our family. Not meaning that he would literally cut and sell wood for a profession, but that we could feel his strength already. I just don't think he'll ever waver in knowing and acting on truth. How can I know that already? When he's still just a little chunky baby with no discernible personality?

I don't really know how I know, but I do.

There are plenty of things to worry about, but I don't worry about Will. He's strong, he's true and he's valiant. I just know it.


5 comments:

  1. Love this! You are such a great writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the cutest pictures I have seen! And such a beautiful post! You're an awesome super mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make know mistake, they come with basic elements of personality to be shaped by your wisdom. We saw and felt it with each of our six.
    Sometimes you have to wait for it all to manifest, though. GPA watson

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...