24 January, 2014

Lately

It has been so cold this week. One morning it was -11 and I thought my nostrils were going to freeze off.

When you can't button up or zip up or even velcro up anything you own, your belly tends to get a little cold. That is why I've adopted Steven's favorite fleece pull-over and have worn it for five days, consecutively. Luckily he doesn't mind sharing, or I'd be in a pinch.

Anyway, I'm feeling really grateful that this baby's birthday is at this time of year. It gives us all something to look forward to during the bleak, chilly post-Christmas winter time when all we want to do is snuggle up in jammies (or Steven's jackets) and read for days.

Speaking of baby, nope, not in labor yet ;). Gage's early arrival has made me a victim to myself. I'm trying to be all stoic and like, "I'm planning on a late arrival", but the truth is… part of me wakes up every morning a little surprised that I'm in my own bed and not at the hospital, bringing our newest family member into the world. Not that I'm unhappy, nope. Not at all. I just can't let myself think about newborn cheeks and chubby elbows and late-night rocking chair episodes or my heart just aches for this little one to arrive.

What is it about adding a new baby to the family that makes me want to spoil this guy rotten? KJ, don't be jealous, but I just don't feel the pull to spoil you like I do to spoil Gage. This is Gage eating an ENORMOUS piece of chocolate cake during KJ's nap time a few days ago. After I'd sworn that we wouldn't get into it (the cake) until Daddy came home. But that face! 

Our refrigerator is insane. Lists and lists and lists. Birth plan, last-minute hospital bag stuff, like eight calendars, and all the phone numbers we need when I go into labor. Heavens. 

And me. This is at 38 weeks and 2 days. Wearing Steve's pull-over. Of course ;). 

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully it won't be so cold for much longer. It has been single digit and below zero here too. We are expecting more snow this weekend and cold temps next week too.

    Jessica @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good heavens, that belly is beautiful and painful looking all in one. BUT it does symbolize something beautiful that will be soon happening and that's what makes it all worth it. Super excited to see your baby number three, and here's wishing for a smooth and uncomplicated delivery and recovery for you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...