09 November, 2013

Thankful | 9


I'm thankful for the ocean. 

I grew up with the sound of surf a constant in the background of my day-in-day-outs, and I feel like I can still hear it even though I'm hours away. Every time we approach it - Atlantic or Pacific, I feel the same thrill that comes when I'm about to see an old friend. 

Many defining moments in my life where understanding or healing finally settled into my soul, I have been nestled on cool sand in the early hours of the morning, or shuffling along pebbly, wet rocks with sea spray misting my face. There is something very real and deeply personal to me about my relationship with the ocean. Everyone has their place where they can connect with themselves, with Deity, with truth. The ocean is my place. 


1 comment:

  1. I don't have that deep of a connection to the ocean, but being landlocked currently, I sure miss it. That picture is gorgeous!!

    My Wholesome Home

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...