07 November, 2013

Thankful | 7

I'm thankful for my parents.



Among a host of traits that I admire in both of them is their love of adventure and their never-ending energy to follow through on their dreams.

I frequently feel the pull of wanderlust and attribute it to genetics. My parents can't stay still for very long before they hear the "call of the wild" ;), and find themselves on an amazing adventure - whether it's hiking a peak near home or across the world.

I'm thankful that I understand the value of seeing how small I truly am in the universe. I'm reminded of it when I see a beautiful tree or a snowcap glistening white or the depth of a crevasse that seems to have no end. Have you ever walked across a field covered in white snow and there is no sound at all? My heart pounds just writing about it. And it's not like a "Wo is me, I am trash" feeling, but a humbling, empowering truth. When you realize how tiny you really are, you feel the magnificence of the workings of the world. It's something that's hard for me to explain, but I know it when I feel it.

And I feel it when I venture out into new spaces and experience adventure.

I'm thankful for my parents. They are true adventurers.

1 comment:

  1. Brooke! In that top picture Gage looks just like you. Put some longer hair on him and he could be transposed from the kid pictures I've seen of you!! Cutie!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...