06 November, 2013

Thankful | 6



I'm thankful that I'm in love. I think sometimes it's easy to love the person you're with, but life and stress and problems make it hard to be in love. I married a romantic, so even when the pragmatic me wants to drive our life forward without stopping to dance a little here and there, he twirls me around and gives me butterflies and reminds me that the whole point of all of it is this.

I'm thankful that my husband makes it so dang easy to be head-over-heels. He gives so much of himself to me, constantly. I've always been one to hold back a little bit, you know, just in case. But Steven's gentle love and patience with me gives me the courage to be vulnerable and know that he'll still be madly in love with me no matter what.

I'm thankful that my kids are growing up in a home where Steven and I hold hands and kiss and laugh together.

I'm thankful that Steven has become who he is in spite of every obstacle that could have damaged his integrity and meekness.

I'm thankful that I never have to question that I am married to the best person I know.

Reading over this, I sound like I'm just bragging my head off. Sorry! Maybe I am, it's hard not to.

I'm just feeling really thankful.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...