02 November, 2013

Thankful | 2

Day two of keeping record of what I'm thankful for and I'm already having trouble choosing, but I'd have to say that today I am exceptionally grateful that I am a stay-at-home mom. I know it's not for everyone and that many people find fulfillment in working out of the home and in the home. For me, though, I have never felt like I belong anywhere more than I feel here. And not just my physical home, but with my kids during the day.

It is an enormous, wonderful blessing to have a husband who supports me in this role and understands and agrees that in our family's case, I am where I'm most needed - in the home.

It seems like whatever kind of day we've had manifests itself at bath time. When the kids are insane and splashy and scream like banshees, we've usually had a crazy day. When the kids are sleepy and lay back with wide eyes while I wash their hair and feet and armpits, we've usually had a soft, snuggly day.

A few nights ago when I took these photos, the kids couldn't stop poking each other then laughing hysterically - one of those days. I was exhausted, but completely filled to the brim with satisfaction. Those are the best kind of days.




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...