14 November, 2013

Thankful | 14



Today I'm thankful for sisters.

I have two of them, Sierra and Azure. Sierra is in Norway serving a mission for our church and will be home in about a year. Azure is sixteen and spent the summer here in New York.

There are too many things that I love about my sisters to try to enumerate here, but I think that it's important to say that not many relationships enable you to help someone out of a tree without any judgment when they are about four feet up and terrified out of their mind. There's an acceptance that comes with my sisters that I've always been grateful for. We are okay with each other at our worst, we aren't afraid of being totally raw in front of each other, which has led to some pretty hideous sobbing but again, no judgements.

Both Azure and I miss Sierra terribly. She's the Winnie the Pooh/Beth from Little Women of the family and there are days when I wish I could just lay in her lap and let her do what she does: play with my hair and listen to me talk forever. But her weekly emails are so full of love and adoration and forgiveness when I've missed a couple weeks of correspondence that I know her capacity to love has only grown more in the past few months.

Azure is a clown and a talker and a listener and fountain of compliments. She is always willing to hear every side of the story which I love about her. She can talk for-ev-er. My brother is convinced that she is Kelly Kapur from The Office. Once she talked all the way from Rexburg, Idaho to Provo, Utah, only stopping when we had to fill up the tank. That takes real talent. I mean it, Az!

I am richly blessed in so many areas of my life, but one of my very favorite blessings is that I have two perfect sisters.

2 comments:

  1. I am both laughing and crying right now. Talk about THANKFUL ... I believe with all my heart that I am THE MOST blessed woman in the world! You have 2 great sisters, but I have 3 great daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha the tree!! i love you so much, and i am so thankful for you its ridicuhlus (like the back of yo head ;) ) really though brookie, i am so thankful for you and that we are sisters. you're my best friend, and i love that i can talk to you about anything and i'm not judged (especially after my ugly crying episdoes) haha love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...