27 August, 2013

Scenes of Bedrest

Long mornings and short afternoons seem to be the daily rhythm of life in the slow lane. At least, that's how it was for me.

While trying to cope with the weird half-grief of pregnancy complications, I found solace in the children I could hold and kiss.

KJ was my hang-out buddy throughout this whole thing. Gage needed to be out and active, but my girl just wanted to hold me and pat my back and look at herself in the mirror with me. What a sweetie. Gage's pictures and kisses and songs kept me laughing and KJ's gentle, nurturing nature kept me full of hope and patience. I have wonderful kids, you guys. I feel so blessed.







5 comments:

  1. they're both exactly what you need! and I'm sure, to them, you're exacltly what they need too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your hair Brooke. It's so long and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great!!!! I love all of these pictures but I'm particularly obsessed with the second and last. Oh that sweet, darling Kjel!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...