03 July, 2013

Daring Greatly

Thanks for all the love with my last post! I feel very blessed to have such sweet friends.

Are you excited for the fourth?! We are! I had been planning a camping trip in Maine for the holiday, but have since had to cancel. Bummer, but we are still going to have a great time. I think we'll just have a picnic in the park and then go swimming.

In the meantime, I wanted to share something with you. I read this quote in high school and found so much peace and inspiration in it. It's only become more important to me since then.

source
Gosh, doesn't that just stir you up inside? Every time I read the phrase "if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly," I just about die. Life is so full of failure, isn't it? But to fail while daring greatly is the point in all of it, I think. Because if you can keep on daring, success will come.

On a patriotic note, I'm very grateful to live in a country that values entrepreneurship, enthusiasm and the desire for betterment and change.

Happy Independence Day!

8 comments:

  1. I hope you had an amazing fourth, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it does stir me up inside!! WOW!!! I LOVE this quote! It is absolutely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 4th! :) Hope it was wonderful.
    I wanted to let you know that you would be strong enough to be a military wife if that is/was an option. I am not any stronger than the next woman; we are all called (given?) different challenges, hardships, lives and adequate strength to overcome. I have never wanted to appear as stronger than the next, nor do I desire that label. I am strong, as are you. You are brave and beautiful. Keep smiling. And thanks for your words and the quote...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine. Well, I think you're pretty amazing, and what you and your family do for your country inspires me.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...