24 July, 2013

Brave


The first time I felt brave was when I was thirteen and my mom was diagnosed with MS. I remember realizing that I needed to quietly step up and become the mom of the house for a bit, until our real mom could come back to us. In every meal that I made, every nose I wiped, every time my feet ached from housework that I wasn't accustomed to, I felt so much pride in myself. I realized that I can do hard things.

When I watched this video, my heart strummed a little when it was said that we don't know how brave we are until we have no other choice but to be brave. Doesn't your heart just soar? 

I've never thought of my character as being one of courage - I am kind of a wimp! But maybe courage isn't walking around not being afraid of anything; maybe courage is being brave when the moment arises. Maybe it's living up to your potential in the moment when your only other choice is to cower or give up entirely.

I want to be like Esther. And right now, I feel like I can be.


6 comments:

  1. I believe the same thing about courage; its simply doing what is right even when that's not the easiest choice. We can all be like Esther!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this. I am actually going to make sure my niece and her parents see it. (If they haven't already).
    I see myself as kind of a wimp too, but I know that I can do hard things, because I have and sometimes do on a daily basis.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Megan, i am SO sorry for what you are going through. Prayers are coming your way!

      Delete
  3. I totally needed this today. I love how it says you can be afraid and still be brave, i think that is totally true.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...