24 June, 2013

"You Think Me Nice"








When we were in Niagara Falls, Canada a couple weekends ago, Steven took me out on a good ole date. It's been a while! I don't know, life. But it was just wonderful to have time alone. AND I was so happy because I had never ridden on a ferris wheel before (or a "Wheel Ferrel" as my sister Azure sometimes calls them) and have always wanted to. Unfortunately (actually, fortunately) our little cars on the ferris wheel were boxed in since it's so huge, so no re-enacted scenes from The Notebook for us. But I was content to have my one-and-only to chit-chat with while watched the sunset over the grandeur of the Falls. 

I hadn't been feeling super well that day, so after the wheel ferrel, we ate some fancy pizza, talked and talked, and walked back to the hotel. It was one of many times that I silently thanked my lucky stars to have found Steven. It is so wonderful to have someone out there who just gets me. He completely understands me and still thinks I'm wonderful. It's like pretty much a miracle. Not to throw out two trendy love stories or anything, but I'm going to anyway.

"You are horrid when you want to be."

"I know, but you love me, don't you."

"Mine is the true Mary Brooke."

8 comments:

  1. So glad you had fun! Our date nights are few and far between too, but we still have a lot of time to ourselves because we don't have two little ones like you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean - REAL dates are such a treat :)

      Delete
  2. Great pictures, and I *love* the Downton Abbey quote at the end! (Although as far as I can tell you are NEVER EVER horrid EVER! :) Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I can be pretty horrid ;)

      Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. Great photos! Glad you guys made time for a date :) Mark and I get to go out tomorrow! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hedy!! Fun!! I hope you have a blast!

      Delete
  4. What a fun date! I love ferris wheels - especially ones that are really high!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally converted to ferris wheels now. I can't wait to try out an old, wooden one sometime!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...