10 June, 2013

We All Scream




It's another rainy day here in CNY. C as in central, which is usually kind of a sad term, geographically speaking (in my opinion, of course) ;) I opt to say "upstate" rather than "central" when asked where we live in the great Empire State. Don't you think that sounds better? And it's technically correct, since everything outside of New York City is considered upstate. I always thought of New York as a state with one huge city, and some small, industrial towns above it. Not so! Our pocket of New York is agricultural and green and brimming with lakes. Come visit ;)

Anyway, these pictures are from a couple of weeks ago when we were on the cusp of the weekend after a long, long week. Kind of like this week. Except it's only Monday? We finally went to the grocery store today, Kjel tucked under my arm, Gage riding the cart like Kate Winslet at the front of the Titanic, and my legs going just as fast as they could, zooming around the aisles. Okay, more like a focused trot, but still. 

When I picked up a block of Colby cheese, KJ screamed until I handed it to her, then she literally opened the package with her teeth and sucked on it until both of our shirts and her chin were bright orange. The artificial colors! Oh my. And then I realized I didn't have my wallet, but had in fact borrowed Steven's debit card earlier, so after a quick fishing expedition in my bag (that has an inch-thick layer of graham cracker crumbs coating the inside), found the card and paid in the knick of time. And by knick of time, I mean right before Gage dive-bombed onto the linoleum, caught himself (miraculously) by the forearms and laid there, unharmed but intensely offended that I didn't buy any chocolate.

I guess that's my long way of saying that I love my kids ;) And without further ado, the photos of our therapeutic family outing after a week of those little traumatizing/hilarious moments that seem to happen at an alarming rate lately.

Nothing a salted caramel sundae can't fix ;)











10 comments:

  1. Okay, seriously Steven looks EXACTLY the same as he did when we were 14! ha ha I can empathize with the errand melt downs. Having kids (especially more than one) can be like somebody holding you under water, long enough for you to feel like your head will explode, and just before it does you surface and once above water you see your glorious little angelic children and it helps you survive the next traumatic episode. Your kids look especially cute covered in ice cream. And frozen treats do solve most problems. ;) (We had some after church yesterday and it was delightful!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Kati, I read this to Steven and he was like, "oh no." He remembers himself as being really awkward at that age, but I think he was adorable! So thank you :)

      And your description is spot-on about 'errand melt-downs'. It is those angelic faces that keep me sane!

      Delete
  2. Haha "kind of like this week...except it's only Monday" you're hilarious. I'm pretty sure there's some historical sites of interest in the green, non-city version of New York you speak of, I would love to visit there one day. That weekend look delicious and these pictures are so nice. Have you seen your baby's eyes lately?? I mean, wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laynah! yes, tons of history up here. Church history, too, as I'm sure you know. And thanks, I love her eyes, too :)

      Delete
  3. Your KJ is my kind of girl! I wish it was socially acceptable for me to walk around the store sucking on a block of pretty much any cheese while I shop ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun family outing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Susannah! Treats make outings 100X more fun in this family ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...