01 May, 2013

No Bake Peanut Butter Banana Pie

I will get to the recipe, but first, a joke.

Did you hear the rumor about the peanut butter?

No? Well, I'm not going to tell you. You might spread it. ;) 

I thought that joke was hilarious when I was in middle school. But since I married a man devoted to peanut butter, I now know that pb is no laughing matter. Anyway, I had to make a quick dessert (like really quick; fifteen minutes quick) and since I had no time, there was no store-run to be had. And like I said, my honey loves peanut butter.

And so, my friends, the No Bake Peanut Butter Banana Pie was brought into the world. This pie is creamy, fresh-tasting, light and has that mature sweetness that only brown sugar can bring (in a confectionary sense, of course). 


You will need:

8 oz. cream cheese
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 ripe banana
1/4 cup yogurt (I used 'banilla', but any flavor will do. Greek yogurt would be awesome in this)
1 graham cracker pie crust
Enough banana slices for garnish

Mix together the cream cheese and peanut butter until it's smooth and well blended. Add other ingredients and continue to mix until blended and airy. Spoon into pie crust and smooth over evenly. Add sliced bananas to make it look pretty.

I am such an emotional eater that sometimes I make up stories about the desserts I'm making to really give them their moment. This pie is the pie that a WWII's soldier's wife made the day that he came home from the war. It was summer and raining and all the windows were open, but she didn't hear the screen door rattle open because the rain was pelting down so loudly. He was in the kitchen, watching her mix it all together when she turned and saw him for the first time in four years....

Can you see it? Guys, am I weird? Okay. Anyway, I hope that you like this pie. Let's just end with another joke. Why did the pie go to the dentist? Because it needed a filling.

I know. You just can't get enough of my jokes, can you? 

5 comments:

  1. Looks amazing and I don't even love peanut butter. Enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either until I was dating Steven. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE that joke! Totally spreading it around work tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the joke, but I only love bananas in bread and smoothies... weird, I know. It's a weird texture thing. (I'll even throw the whole smoothie out... yes, even Jamba, if it's not blended all the way through!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...