12 May, 2013

Mother

I had just finished my blog post for Mother's Day (down below) when Steven said he wanted to write a little too. I was super excited because I love it when he blogs! Here is his message to me, and please don't think I'm bragging by posting it. I just think my husband is awesome and hilarious and I love that he put his heart into this little post for me:


Dear Brooke, 
I have now sat at the table for 10 minutes not knowing how I can possibly articulate how much you mean to me and our kids.  So I have decided to free style (this is not something I am good at and I promise you that this is the real deal) here it goes:

b to the r to the o o k e
brookie is the mom any mom would want to be
she toils all day and barely sleeps at night
loves our little kiddos even when they fight
runs on the treadmill for an hour each day
doesn't take time for herself to play
selfless doesn't cover it, she gives all to her fam
when the fellas walk by her you can hear them whisper da.....ng

thats all i got 
shes really hot
emphasis was added afterwards

but now i am seriously done.  I love you Brooke Chapman Redfern.  I am in awe of who you are and how much you do for us.  You make every moment worth remembering.  Thank you for showing me what true love really means.  And while not everyone in the world believes in soul mates I know that I was created for you and you for me.  There is no one else that could bring me the kind of joy that you bring me.  I am honored to call you my wife and the mother of our children.  

I love you



To My Mom: Thank you for being my very best friend. Thanks for rescuing me from lonely lunch periods and sending me packages in the mail; for loving Steven like a son; for believing my kids are perfect; for advice and acceptance when I don't take it (at first, but we both know I always come around); for forgiving and forgetting; for confiding in me and letting me confide in you. Most of all, thank you for your example. I will consider my life a success if I end up exactly like you in every way.

To My Mother-in-Law: Mom! I love you! Thank you for birthing and raising my husband. And thank you for naming him something normal and not something ridiculous like "Randolpholus". Thanks for loving and spoiling my kids and for accepting and loving me. Thanks for teaching me that there are many different ways to show love. Mostly, thanks for Steven. Ya did good ;)

To My Husband: Steven, I adore you. Thank you for giving me our kids - best gift I've ever been given and will ever receive. This adventure of parenthood suits us, I think. I love you! I love you so much!

To My Kids: I have tried to write something three times and everything sounds trite in comparison to the depths of my feelings for you. You make my existence meaningful, you make every day an adventure of the best sort, you make me believe in magic and grace and I love you more than I will ever be able to express. Thank you for being mine!

13 comments:

  1. Love your post. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steven is so sweet. And you are one of the best mothers I know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catie! i feel the same way about you!

      Delete
  3. Awww... I adore your man's letter to you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I do too! He is so funny.

      Delete
  4. Words always seem to get in the way, yet you did a wonderful job :) hope it was magical. And yes I did write it but posted premature. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. premature? i thought it was wonderful! And thank you :)

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry, what I meant was, the poem was to posted the day we left for Delaware. My brain is struggling these days :)

      Delete
  5. Also I love the new layout very clean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love it too. My friend Tori did it - I'm going to blog about her soon.

      Delete
  6. Lovely post...from you and Steven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Hope you all had a great mother's day!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...