20 May, 2013

Brazilian Lemonade

A groundhog the size of a small child was spotted in our backyard a few nights ago, and guys, I am super freaked out. My dad (resident expert on all things wilderness) told me that groundhogs are vegetarians, but still. What if one saw KJ and thought, "What a delicious chestnut!"and went in for her bald, shiny head? See what I mean?

Also, I had the urge to chop off all my hair for like two days and I was getting to the point where I was thinking, "it's time, Brooke. It's time." Despite the hundreds of verbal contracts I've made with myself to leave my hair alone for five+ years.... so just as I was pulling out the scissors and had pinned a million pictures of Marion Cotillard with her gloriously short bob, I decided to try to satiate my need for change in other ways first. 

Namely, I parted my hair on the right instead of the left, and then I rearranged my living room per the instructions of a friend from church who gave a workshop on interior design. 

It worked. My hair is still long. I guess I was just craving change and what do you know. A little parting of the hair and pushing furniture around satisfied.

Anyway, let's get to this recipe. If you like creamy, tangy beverages, you'll like this a lot.
Is it really Brazilian? I don't know. All I know is that it tastes a lot like the Brazilian lemonade you can get at Tucano's (a Brazilian steak-house that I love so very much). And it only requires a few ingredients. OlĂ©! 




In a blender, blend:
- one can frozen lemonade
- however much water it calls for
- one can sweetened condensed milk
- a shake of cinnamon
- A handful of ice cubes

If your blender can't fit it all, just do half and then put the rest in a pitcher, then half again. I realize that the photos are a little misleading - no, you do not add pico de gallo, raw onions and black beans to this drink ;) We had a little Cinco de Mayo celebration in our back yard earlier this month, and I attempted some Cafe Rio style fare. I'm still a little messed up over the fact that the closest Cafe Rio is in Maryland but I make do.

If you live near a Cafe Rio will you do me a favor and order a chicken salad with the tomatillo dressing? If we think hard enough, you might be able to send me a little taste telepathically which would be the best thing ever.

13 comments:

  1. This sounds so refreshing! I'm definitely going to have to make it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SO refreshing! I bet if you put a slice of lime in there it would be good, too!

      Delete
  2. looks wonderful! I will try it soon! :)
    I will also be cutting my hair as I cannot get rid of my headaches... I'm cutting my losses (pun intended!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it's going to look AHMAZING! Post photos!!!

      Delete
  3. I just recently discovered Cafe Rio, and OMG! I don't eat salad, but will burrito thoughts work?

    My Wholesome Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Affirmative ;) Send those burrito thoughts my way, stat!

      Delete
  4. One of my favorite of your posts! Sounds like you could hob-nob with Wooster and you two would get along swimmingly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Tucanos. Tyler is drooling over the thought of us going there this weekend. He served his mission in Brazil and said the food there is pretty accurate (considering it's a chain). He loves a good Brazilian steak house and is anxious to get a trip in when we're in Boise for the weekend. Ps. the lemonade sounds delicious, but with sweetened condensed milk, how could it NOT?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know that it's at least pretty accurate. I LOVE Tucanos. I didn't know there was one in Boise! Awesome!

      And yeah, I know! I could just eat it out of the can ;)

      Delete
  6. Brookie, did you know that there is a Tucanos 20 minutes from my house? Not even kidding. Come visit me and we'll go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you didn't cut your hair! You have the best hair I have ever seen! I secretly want it! haha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...