I love quinoa. It's delicious, healthy, economical (considering how far it goes - yeah, it's more expensive than rice, but what isn't?!), and versatile. I wanted to make something springy and light and of course, low in calories for dinner the other night. This hit the spot.
Roasted Asparagus and Cauliflower Quinoa Salad
- Wash and chop 1/2 head of cabbage and 1/2 bunch of asparagus
- Lay chopped vegetables across an oiled/foil lined cookie sheet; shake some flavor on top (I used lemon pepper) and roast until veggies are tender (about 15 minutes at 400 degrees)
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa (bring 1/2 cup quinoa and 2 cups water to a vigorous boil, cover, simmer for about 15 minutes)
- Chop up fresh spinach and cilantro
- When quinoa and veggies are done, put them into a container and add chopped greens
- Shake shake shake, shake shake shake (that container, that container...)
- And serve!
Super easy and so very tasty.