29 April, 2013

My Kids Are Growing Up


Last night I was helping Gage into his pajamas and I had a moment of panic.

Who is this child? He is not a baby anymore.

He's solid. And coordinated. And his head isn't ridiculously disproportionate to the rest of him.

I wanted to throw him into one of those Chinese foot things and keep him small forever.

I'm not ready for him to grow up.

And then, throw this on top of that. Someone asked me when I was enrolling him in pre-school. Imagine that. My little dude with his backpack on, waving goodbye to me. I can't take it!

And then I looked at Kjel in all of her walking, bald, toothy splendour and I almost fell over dead. She will be one next month and there will be no more babies in this establishment.

Don't let them grow up, please. Who ever is in control of that whole aspect of existence, please, just do me a solid and don't let them grow up.

7 comments:

  1. Agreed! They get big too fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially your boys! I can't believe that they'll be TWO in a few months!

      Delete
  2. Amen to that! Do not let them grow up please oh please!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... I don't even have kids yet but I'm already sad they're going to grow up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...