01 April, 2013

Easter Weekend

Making a very early birthday breakfast on Saturday.

Pretty sure this guy has my smile. ;)










We celebrated my dad's birthday on Saturday with banana waffles and a hike around the still-frozen lake. Sunday was peaceful and easy. The kiddos loved their little baskets and spiffy new clothes and we loved the cadbury mini eggs. I learned my lesson last year and filled the eggs with goldfish crackers instead of jelly beans. I think we all benefited from that ;)

I feel like Easter is the reminder that I need every year that life can and should be fresh, joyful, and bright. And the budding tulips and fresh, crisp air are manifestations of the divine love that, I believe, is at the core of everything wonderful. Happy Easter!

6 comments:

  1. Filling the eggs with gold fish... Brilliant. Glad yall have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goldfish in eggs? Next year will you repost this so I will remember??? That is an amazing idea... Also, love KJ's rasta hat. :) haha. I also keep my computer close at hand when cooking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, ma'am. It totally made Easter more manageable - no sugar highs and lows (for all of us). And thanks - that hat was Gage's and he still wears it sometimes, but I love it on KJ :)

      Delete
  3. The banana waffles were great! What a fun time at the Beaver Lake Wildlife Sanctuary. It was a perfect birthday and a perfect Easter. And my birthday was the warmest, sun-shiniest day of the year so far, I hear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it was! We are so glad we could celebrate with you! Love you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...