13 March, 2013

Blueberry Bread with Brown Sugar Butter


Steven loves blueberry muffins and I love Steven. But I had no muffin liners. So I decided to make some blueberry bread. Good choice, Brookester. It was Saturday morning and to be honest, we were all a little grouchy. I don't know about KJ, but Gage, Steven and I all had those eye headaches that come from sleep deprivation. Do you know which ones I mean? Oh, those are terrible. Sleep was an elusive thing this last week. But enough about that! The point is that I do think that the smell of warm blueberries lifted our moods. Just a little ;)

Blueberry Bread

3 cups flour
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup milk
2 eggs
a few handfuls of fresh blueberries (or frozen)

Mix dry ingredients together then add everything else. Mix. Pour into greased loaf pan. This recipe actually made exactly one large loaf and two mini loaves. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, then pull it out just long enough to spread this on top:

2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp butter, cut into slices and spread over the bread

Put it back in the oven for another 10 minutes or so.

Brown Sugar Butter

2 tbsp butter (or margarine) (or if you want to get awesome about this, use almond butter. Yum.)
2 tsp brown sugar

Soften butter and then add brown sugar. Mix until brown sugar is well-incorporated into butter, then spread over warm slices of blueberry bread.


So tasty. As always, if you try this, let me know how you liked it. And if you have any amazing side dishes for St. Patrick's Day, I'm looking for something easy and delicious to bring to a friend's get-together.

2 comments:

  1. YUM! That looks wonderful. I made blueberry muffins recently and loved them. Glad that wonderful bread lifted your mood!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...