04 February, 2013

Book 6/100 | The Little Prince


At the suggestion of my friend Tori, I decided to dust off my copy of The Little Prince by Antoine de Sainte-Expupery. I love this book.


As you can see, I've had this copy for a long time... since I went by "Brookie Chapman". My dad bought it for me when he was on a business trip and I remember weeping into my pillow, using a flashlight to read the last few pages while my little sister Sierra slept soundly in the bed next to mine. 

This book is short, a little obscure, and full of meaning. A great read for both kids and adults.

I'm having reader's block, guys. I read six books in January. I know there are super readers out there who are all like, 'no big deal', but for me that is a lot of reading. I thought I'd be able to put away about ten per month, but I'm realizing that I can't just reserve reading for late nights when the babies are asleep. I'm going to try to institute Reading Time with Gage each day while KJ naps. I'm thinking he'll choose a pile of books and we'll make him a comfy little reading nook. Then I'll set the timer for twenty or thirty minutes and see how he does. Normally when Gage opts for downtime, I tackle projects or work or pay bills, but I'm going to dedicate any time that he spends reading, to my reading. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. 6 books in Jan. That is amazing!! Keep it up. I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...