23 December, 2012

O Night Divine

I love Christmas time for lots of reasons. I love the decorations and the treats and the lights and gifts and the feeling of coziness and comfort that the season brings.

Until a few years ago, though, I don't think I understood the impact of Christmas like I do now (and hopefully will understand more and more as the years go on). 

We celebrate Christmas because Jesus Christ was born. 


"O Come, O Come Emmanuel, and ransom captive Israel"

I feel the Spirit of Christmas the most when I realize that this song is about each of us. We needed Christ to literally come to earth, we also need him in our lives to ransom, or claim us, from the things that hold us captive. 

I know that I have been ransomed and I am so grateful for the birth of the Savior and for the personal relationship that I have with him. 

Merry, merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...