21 December, 2012

Laughing All the Way

TIME GOES BY TOO QUICKLY!

This morning while Gage is eating his cereal and I'm attempting to update the blog, I just can't stop thinking - why the heck does time have to go by so fast? I'm a total nostalgic sap at heart and every Christmas I think about how last Christmas wasn't really that far away and how this coming year will probably fly by too... and then I turn on some Michael Buble Christmas tunes and gaze, lost in thought, at the Christmas tree.


But really.

My little sister-in-law, Haylea, was married last week in Utah. We flew out for exactly 2.5 days and it was wonderful. As a member of the LDS church (Mormon) we believe that when two people are married under certain vows, they are sealed together forever. Meaning after they die, they are still married. And then when children come, they are sealed to those children, and so on and so on. I love this doctrine and I know in my heart how true it is. Watching my sweet little Hay Hay make those promises to Gentry was just a wonderful experience and I was reminded of how blessed I am to have my family and friends. 

Unfortunately, I was so caught up in the whirlwind of it all that I only took one photo the whole trip:


Fortunately, it's my favorite person. So that's a win. 

Flying back into JFK was a neat moment for me - it kind of was terrible because it felt like 3 AM to us and our kids -- but on our descent I looked out the window and saw the city and thought, "oh good, we're home." 

I am blessed. I'm blessed because my husband and kids and I have been on so many adventures in our short time as a family unit "laughing all the way" (except for the occasional temper tantrum).

Only four days till Christmas! 

4 comments:

  1. Glad you made it safe and sound. I'm sad we won't get to see you in NY but we'll be thinking of you guys and missing you too. I'm happy you get to go for New Years. What fun! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really should proof read my posts before submitting them. =) I think that time goes by too quickly almost every holiday and family birthday. Why does it have to happen? Something about having a little baby around makes me think it even more. Merry Christmas. Hope yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pic of Steven! And I can't WAIT to fly in to New York myself! Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...