03 April, 2012

My Brain


image via pinterest

Nearly every single morning, I open the cupboard that has our breakfast foods and baking things. I reach for the Honey Bunches of Oats, and see the container of cocoa powder, right next to the tin that holds flour.
I always start singing, "Should I marry Kokoum, or is all my dreaming at an end... Or do you still wait for me, Dreamgiver, just around the riveeeeer beeeend..." (Pocohontas) And then I start singing "Paint with all the Colors of the Wind", and then I get to that part that goes, "How high does the Sycamore grow? If you cut it down then you'll neeeveeer knooow, and you'll.." etc. Then the phrase "sycamore grow" repeats itself in my mind and it reminds me of Romeo and Juliet because the scene with Romeo is in "Sycamore Grove" and then I think about Claire Danes and her beautiful hair and then I remember to take my pre-natal vitamin (aside from giving lots of nutrients to me and baby, my hair grows faster on pre-natals).

This happens in a course of like... maybe three minutes, but it happens almost every day. Can you believe that? I just realized it today while I was swallowing the vitamin. I was like "I have done this exact same thing before." And then I thought about it and realized I've done this exact same thing almost every day for months.

Two conclusions:

1. I am a creature of habit (even in thought) and
2. The human brain is pretty amazing.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I love this! I believe that music brightens the home even if sung poorly (in my case). Keep it up and before you know it your two little ones will probably be singing with you!u

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds exactly like something my husband would do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you start singing! And your little girl is lucky she gets to hear your beautiful voice every morning.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...