01 March, 2012

Cutting Out Sugar: Day 1


Today, I'm starting my 21 Days of No: chocolate, candy, biscuits, cookies, cake, doughnuts, muffins, pastries, white bread, chips, fast food, nutella, peanut butter (and other fattening spreads), and ice cream.

It's pretty sad, but I'm already feeling withdrawals... it isn't even noon yet. Chocolate is something that I keep in my system pretty regularly. It's not like I eat a Snickers bar every hour; just a few chocolate chips here and there, some left-over Valentine's candy when I'm doing the dishes... you know, the usual. Terrible, terrible habits have I formed! Oh, Brooke. Why oh why do you love chocolate so much? There is really something in my brain that believes it needs dark chocolate.

Anyway, I need to stop fixating on this because it's making me crave chocolate. I feel like an addict today.

They say that after the third or fourth day, things get a lot easier. Two years ago, Steven and I did a very limited diet together for a little over a month. We felt awesome after the first week, but I remember sneaking Swedish Fish a few times in the first couple of days that we were starting it.. tee hee. Poor Steve.

The good thing about this "diet" is that it really isn't eliminating anything important to balanced nutrition and in all reality, I will be much, much better off without all of that refined sugar whereas with other diets, sometimes the things you stop eating are actually really necessary to good nutrition. Am I babbling? Oh, heavens. Someone knock me out for the next 21 days. I want chocolate!

3 comments:

  1. I hear you and SO understand. I have a little chocolate problem myself, no snickers or anything either, just nibbles here and there - teaspoon of Nutella mid day etc.
    I went off sugar for 10 days last month. I did well but yes, the first few days were the hardest. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dark chocolate is my love. But after the first couple days I'm sure it will get easier and you'll get stronger each day that passes. "Take Luck!" -Bryan Regan
    Love ya girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, good luck! :) I'm the same way. I should try this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...