09 February, 2012

Errand-walking

I love the proximity of our apartment to "town" - we're just a couple of blocks away from the post office, bank, craft store, the university and a bunch of other places that I can't think of right now. We've always lived far away from everything (relatively), so we are totally taking advantage by walking everywhere. I love, love, love it!

The other morning, Gage and I were running errands and I thought it would be fun to document. Here are the photos:

Decked out in winter clothes, ready for adventure.


Gage running ahead then waiting for his slow-poke mama to catch up.


Quick snow-playing, picture-taking detour.

Stopping for a donut after hitting up the post office and the bank.

When we were in Ukraine, one of the things that I really loved was that since we didn't have a car, we had to use the public transportation/walk if we wanted to go out. At first the metro stations were intimidating and I was scared that my legs would get chopped off by the little ticket-taker walk-through thingy, but after a couple of weeks and a lot of help from my sister-in-law and my brother, I could navigate on the little maps which metro I should take and then which bus or how far I'd have to walk to get to my destination.

I definitely love having a vehicle (even though it is the worst vehicle on the planet), but I also kind of hope that we'll end up in a city again for a while where won't need or want one. There's something so freeing about being at the mercy of public transport/your own two legs.

Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. I cant wait to get there and walk errands with my sweet Gage!!! See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to be close to things! What fun. And gage of course is darling.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...