28 November, 2011

sweet november



ah, i love this month.

steven's birthday was great, though i managed to make the ugliest cake ever created by human hands (it was pretty tasty, though). we had his favorite foods for each meal (french toast, buffalo wings, then creamy pasta with steak for dinner), played some borrowed halo (thanks, bree!), took gage to the movies for the first time and spent way the heck too much on popcorn and treats (18.75 to be exact. if i'd smuggled in what we'd bought there, i would have spent like 4 bucks. grr), and just had an overall relaxing, celebratory day.

thanksgiving was also fantastic. i love my family. we joined them for a few days and it was delicious and festive and then we had a second dinner with steven's siblings in utah.

so basically, november is just so sweet. lots of love and blankets and warm socks and family. i love it.

i'm grateful for lots of things this year, but i'd have to say that my number one is my two dudes. i love them to death. not to be a total nerd and quote the twilight books AND not to be super conceited, but this is the best way to describe how my boys treat me:


"And you would do anything for her, be anything for her… You become whatever she needs you to be, whether that’s a protector, or a lover, or a friend, or a brother."

i'm so lucky. both steven and gage protect me, love me, squeeze me, heal me, forgive me, boss me around and scold me when i'm a brat. and i'm grateful for everything they do for me.

4 comments:

  1. I love that you're big enough to take the scolding for brat-like behavior. And your family is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke, I adore you. And yes, that is wayyyyy tooooo much for treats at the movies. Hope your December is just as good as your November!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Twilight quote. :) And it IS rather nice to have boys to protect you and love you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...