03 July, 2011

i love sundays



gage is fast asleep, i just put a cake in the oven and ate about half of the frosting from the mixing bowl. everyone will be home soon, then we'll eat lunch and play games until the "soft light of evening" (as it's described in gage's favorite winnie the pooh book - talk about imagery in a children's book. love it.)

until then, i am going to curl up and read the sad story of my girl, jane eyre, for the umpteenth time.

i hope your sunday is as peaceful as mine. and here's something to ponder from my friend laynah's newest blog post:
you don't have a soul. you are a soul. you have a body. - c.s. lewis

4 comments:

  1. I've never read Jane Eyre, but I think I've seen every movie or play of it known to man!! LOL {Okay...not really, but I've seen a lot of versions for real} Sounds like you have a nice and quiet day going on over there. Me too. :-)...{And your friend is right about not having a soul, but being a soul, by the way. I'm a Bible teacher. :-] The original-language terms (Heb., ne'phesh; Greek, psy-khe') as used in the scriptures show "soul" to be a person, an animal, or the life that a person or an animal enjoys! :-)}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it was peaceful for you sweetie. Thanks for a great meal! Nothing like having it waiting for us when we come home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! :) yours is lovely! I'm excited to follow and read more! And I love Laynah's blog! Definitely a new favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm I loove frosting. Sometimes I make it just to have a spoonful :) And you just made my dayy by refering to me as a friend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...