20 July, 2011

the calm before the storm


this is our last week before all of our travels begin. don't get me wrong - i'm super excited for all the fun places we're going (camping in the wooded pastures of south eastern idaho for my favorite family reunion ever, my brother-in-law's wedding in northern california, a mini vacation to southern california after the wedding, and then virginia to help steven's parents pack up and move to a new house)...

we've just had this awesome, chill summer. full of spontaneous visits to the park and early morning tennis.

we still have a few days of calm, though, and boy are we going to take advantage of them.

are you going anywhere fun this summer?

6 comments:

  1. WOW! Such an adventure ahead! :-) I'm looking forward to not going anywhere this summer. Not literally anyway. I may go a lot of virtual places...and go a lot of places while reading some books. But otherwise....sleep! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister and I are busy packing up her families house as well. :) You will have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go to the places you are going! I had time for a short mini vacation at the beginning of summer. I went to Asheville, NC to the Biltmore House. It was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "chill" summer sounds good because it's boiling in Phoenix today :)

    We went to England in May and I visited my daughter in D.C. in June then spent 10 days at the beach in Coronado so I feel super lucky this year. Oh, going to back to see my daughter first of September, yep good summer for me too. Safe travels :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean, too, because any vacation while it's fun is still stressful. Plus, you're not at home, which is often where you want to be. Still it sounds like you have a lot of great stuff in store! Can't wait to hear all about it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw sounds like so much fun! And so busy! That's nice you've had some time to relax and enjoy those days at the park. A change of pace might be fun too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...