25 May, 2010

oh, week.

i'm very proud of myself. here is why: i really struggle with choosing to be happy when something goes wrong... so far, this week has been kind of a disaster, for example:

1. one of our tires blew up
2. our other car wouldn't start so we had to push it for a half mile {it's a 1982 GMC jimmy. it weighs like 97 tons} because our complex is repainting the parking lines and every car had to be on the other side of the complex or we'd get towed.
3. gage has decided to have screamo concerts in his crib about an hour after we put him to bed, until around 4 AM.

here is the dealio, despite these annoying ugh moments,
i'm in a ridiculously good mood.

perhaps it's the sun?

"happiness is a conscious choice, not an automatic response"
- mildred barthel

14 comments:

  1. Definitely true. If I lived near I'd come over and watch sweet lil gage so you could get out and take a lil break from worry and frustration. Love ya chica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Brooke! Holy COW ... you PUSHED that honkin'-heavy vehicle?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks whitney:) we're good though!

    and mom, YES, we pushed it! our neighbors gave us a standing ovation.

    and it's signed in as steven, but it's actually me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes you wise mummy and partener...it's a choice....wish someone had taught me that when i was your age....melissa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's totally the sun. i swear, sunshine makes anything okay after the eternal winter we had here in idaho.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the picture--you are in a good mood! Not sure I would be after pushing a car half a mile. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah, the sun works wonders for anything! What happened to the tire that it blew up!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. the sun definitely puts me in a better mood!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you to stay positive...I always try to do that too...That photo is so adorable :)
    Kisses and enjoy your day!
    I hope tomorrow will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brooke, you are awesome. That baby has the most kissable cheeks I have ever seen. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sorry about the calamity this week :( i love that quote!

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for you--choosing happiness! LOVE that picture of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so adorable! And, I love this post. We have stuff like that happen a lot too...& this (& your awesome smile!) are going to make me remember to be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you called his raging fits a screamo concert...my two year old has lots of those. It's especially nice when she gives her performance in public. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...