23 May, 2010

4 8 15 16 23 42

so i grew up rarely watching tv, but got hooked on lost in 2006 when my sister-in-law was eight months pregnant and it was so hot outside that all we wanted to do was lay around in the air conditioning and watch episodes on the laptop.

i lost (no pun intended) track of the show a couple years ago but spent an entire weekend a few weeks back catching up from season 3 to the present, and at this very moment i'm curled up on the couch waiting for steven to finish making a sandwich so that we can watch the last episode.

may i just say to the creators of lost: either you are amazing plot geniuses who planned this out extremely well from the beginning, or you are masters of improvisation, and fate really likes you... because holy cow, every loose end is being tied up!

this is probably one of my most verbose posts ever, which is a little pathetic considering that i'm writing about a fictional tv show, but i really love lost. i love the idea of redemption, of bad people doing good, of fresh starts, of true-lasting-forgiving love.
and i also have a crush on sawyer.

please tell me i'm not alone in this little obsession...
what tv shows, movies or books have you felt emotionally attached to?

12 comments:

  1. I was definitely attached to the show American Dreams. Because I watched the first season with my cousin when my husband was in boot camp. And the oldest son in the family was going into the Marines too. And, I had someone burn me the whole series and I watched it all when I was pregnant and my husband was gone getting ready for deployment. So needless to say, there were many, many tears. And NBC took it off the air before so many of the characters could really get a good story going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your not alone! :) This is the only show my husband and I loyally watched for the past few years. So sad it is over:( I won't spoil the end for you:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now I'm emotionally attached to Brothers and Sisters...I mean, from the first episode, I loved them like they were my own family. Now how's that for pathetic. Everybody's raving about the season finale last week and I'm just netflixed into season two right now. It's killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sad that Lost has come to an end. Although a little far fetched at times I grew to love all the characters! My other TV obsession is Friday Night Lights, I am thrilled that it has finally started again. I also can't miss Modern Family and most of the Bravo shows :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really? Every loose end got tied up? I may go back and watch it now. It just got so discombobulated for a while I couldn't stand to watch it. I felt like they were just making things up as they went along. But really, if you recommend it, I guess I'd better watch it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. when the finale was over, my bf had to lay face down on our bed and sigh. he was so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet! I've never watched Lost but I have some friends who are major fans of it. I think I've had so many emotional attachments to shows over the years that I don't know where to start! SATC comes to mind - I still don't like to watch the last few episodes - Frasier, Melrose Place, Party of Five, Picket Fences, and, worst of all - although it isn't over yet - Oprah :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh i loved the end of lost! Bones is another favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are not alone! And if you want to see some true obsession, check out my LOST post, heh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my goodness! One of my really good friends begged me to watch the LOST finale along with him. And while I can say that Sunday's finale was the first episode I've seen, it was brilliant and I actually got goosebumps from the merging scenes. This is, of course, with a tonnnn of background information from my friend. I've promised to watch it from the very beginning and I can't wait to be a LOSTie! Talk about jumping on the bandwagon six years too late, though. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm obsessed with Lost, Grey's, Private Practice, 24, Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries, omg and so many more shows. I miss Lost already and yesss, I have a crush on Sawyer too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...