sadly, though, i feel like i'm wasting summer if i spend my free time doing this.
thus, i have decided to compile a list of good "summery" books that aren't so deep, dark, and wintery that they detract from the season of sun.
1. the great gatsby - f. scott fitzgerald
2. to kill a mockingbird - harper lee
3. persuasion - jane austen
4. anne of green gables - l.m. montgomery
5. life of pi - yann martel
6. matilda - roald dahl (all of his books are hilarious)
7. the secret life of bees - sue monk kidd