it was there that i had a meal that from then on, i would crave every day.
so i decided to try to make it.
it turned out pretty dang well, if i do say so myself.
here's the recipe (it's pretty basic). you just need olive oil, french bread, cheese, kalamata olives, tomatoes and garlic. it feeds 2.
- thinly slice french bread into 6 slices (the thinner, the yummier)
- drizzle olive oil onto bread
- totally coat all of the slices with grated cheese (mozzarella is best, but i did it with white cheddar and it was delish)
- drizzle olive oil on top of bread & cheese
- place them close together in a pan (i used a pie pan)
- take 4 pieces of garlic (or more if your stomach can handle it), peel the skin off, and boil them for 3-5 minutes
- put them in the pan with the bread, just off to the side of the bread
- cut the tomato into wedges, and add 2 or more wedges to the pan, just don't put them straight on the bread
- broil on low for 15 minutes
- serve with kalamata olives
i also put a little salad on the side just with lettuce and tomatoes, then i used the spiced olive juice from the olives as a dressing, and it was super good.