09 June, 2008

Pictures


Yesterday was the catalyst for furthering all wedding planning. We took our engagement pictures. Pretty much everything beyond planning the date and time rests on us getting our pictures and sending out invites, so I was a little stressed about getting it done.
I'm not the luckiest person (except when it comes to men, specifically one man)- I have been on two flights (out of probably fifty+) where my luggage hasn't been lost, the plane hasn't had mechanical errors, there haven't been terrible delays, or the weather is perfect for flying. That is just one example of an area of my life where my bad luck comes into play.
Naturally, I usually prepare for the worst in all aspects of my life (flat tires, cuts and bruises, etc). I was just so blissfully excited to take our engagement pictures at the beach, that I forgot to prepare for the worst, and guess what? It rained. A lot. I don't have the type of hair that can handle even a drop of water without turning into a fro. So I was pretty sad. Florida is a lot like Guam or the Philippines in Monsoon season, except monsoon season is once every few days. I really should have prepared. It seriously soaked us through and my hair was ruined.
What's interesting, though, is that the pictures didn't turn out how I was expecting them, but they still turned out beautifully. My sister-in-law, Caci, is in the process of editing them to perfection, but I will post all of them soon.

I am still amazed with Trevor (my brother and our photographer) and his artistic abilities. He totally captured me and Steven's relationship in so many of our pictures - young, adventurous, nervously excited and totally in love.
This picture is the perfect example. It is starting to hit me just how young we actually are. And what I love so much about Steven is that no matter what age we are, we will always be young. We will always be having adventures, we will always be traveling, we will always be serving others, and we will always be having so much fun. Every single day for the rest of eternity. I know that sounds irresponsible, but the thing is, we want to maximize our time on this earth. We want to enjoy every single second of our existence.
Of course we'll finish school, we'll make money, we'll buy a home... but we will always be running, looking for the next chance to experience life in a way we haven't before.

The pictures should be up in the next week or so, and I hope that each of them convey this: Steven and Brooke will always be happy, free-spirited, and care-free - even when circumstances aren't favorable. They will never let a day go by without taking every opportunity for a new adventure.




2 comments:

  1. Hey Brooke, This is Shelise. I saw your blog address on facebook and thought Id check it out. I hoe you dont mind if I put your link on my blog. If you do let me know and i'll remove it. This is so cute. You two are going to be so happy. You seem to have what it takes to make a marriage work. Thats so great. Im excited to see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!!!! of course I don't mind! I need to learn to do that, but I'd love to put yours up on our site too.

    We are really excited... just 60 days!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...