10 June, 2008

Invitations, Passports, Photoshop, and Scrapbooking

Caci, my sister-in-law, came running as fast as her little legs could carry her to my apartment last night at about 1 AM to show me the masterpieces she had created. Oh, the wonders of photoshop. She is amazing, I love her. And I love the pictures.

Our invitations are in the process of being perfected - the layout is ready, it's just the font that she is working on (Oh, did I mention that Caci also designs announcements?!) You can see the engagement pictures on our wedding site here.

So the big stress today is passports. I've been trying to get ahold of the post office for DAYS but they put me on hold for hours and never transfer me to the passport guy (because here you have to set up an appointment way in advance). I was about to despair because the earliest they could get us in was July 2nd, then 6-8 weeks before our passports would arrive. My mom had the brilliant idea of calling the courthouse, and so we now have an appointment set up for tomorrow.

But here's the problem: Steven doesn't know where his passport is, and we're not entirely sure he has an original copy of his birth certificate. I'm crossing my fingers that a social security card will work as proof of citizenship, or that his birth certificate is somewhere in his room. The other stress is that if you lost your passport abroad they may do a security check which can take up to FIVE WEEKS!

We have 60 days, so about 7 weeks until we leave for our honeymoon. Passports can take anywhere from 4-8 weeks and expedited shipping only ensures that they come a week earlier, and can cost up to $100 more. Pray for us.

On a brighter note, today I got a package from my mom with a new book, a huge bar of chocolate, and a million scrapbooking supplies!!!!!! I have been saving everything even remotely memorable (receipts, movie tickets, flyers, wrappers) for our courtship/engagement scrapbook. I have already completed three pages! It is so therapeutic for me. Plus, it's something that I really want to get done for the reception, so I'm being productive as well.

Steven is not taking a break today until he gets a sale - he is so strong-willed. I am amazed at how hard he pushes himself. He is so good at finding motivation inside himself. We would really, really appreciate prayers for success this summer - Steven is a natural - he is so talented and charismatic, but sales are tricky, and we need all the help we can get.

I think that's about it for today. XOXO, Brooke

4 comments:

  1. I am so honored to be mentioned in the blog! In fact, the first two paragraphs are wholly dedicated to me! This is one blog I will definitely read if the name dropping keeps up! :) I don't think you can use a social security card to get a passport... Lots of illegal immigrants obtain those every single day. They are on the top 10 list of easiest to forge legal documents so they are not accepted by 98% of government agencies. No worries, you can spend your honeymoon in beautiful Cordelaine Idaho! It is listed on the top 300 places to visit in America! It will be magnificent!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, i found your blog through josh and lindsey; i stalk family, even remote family!
    what great pictures! ten times better than the standard smile at the camera!
    congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to your wedding website and looked at the pictures. They are VERY cute. My favorite though was the last one. Such an awesome picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SS Card does work, as long as you also have a driver's license and birth certificate.

    So glad you're enjoying your package. Look for another fun one in a day or two! And share with Steve :)

    xooxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...